Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Onething Conference 08


On December 28th, we took over 50 people from Riverstone to the Onething Conference in Kansas City. God showed up in a huge way. The worship times were powerful and the conference really challenged us to prepare ourselves for the return of Jesus. I used to be very distant and hardened when people brought up the endtimes. In fact, it brought alot of confusion and fear to my heart. It used to bother me that people would get so obsessed with studying the endtimes. I thought that was crazy. I used to think that it was just a side issue and that it would all just work out in the end somehow. Well, my thoughts are dramatically changing. Why? Not because Onething says, and not because a preacher has convinced me. But I really believe that God is speaking to me personally about the importance of this issue and the urgency of being prepared and preparing others for what will go down at the end of the age. I'm beginning to realize that if Jesus is coming back in the next 100 years or even 50 years, that I must prepare NOW. I can't pick and choose what I want out of the Bible, and I can't ignore things because I don't understand them or they make me uncomfortable. The Bible talks about the return of Jesus and the end of the age in a very significant way. In fact there are around 150 chapers of the Bible that have the endtimes as their main theme.

In 2009, I am resolving in my heart to passionately pursue the Lord with intentional prayer and fasting in order to get understanding of the hour in which we live. If what the Bible says about the end times is true-If there is a possibility that I might be in the generation of the Lord's return-then how could I not give myself to prayer, fasting, the Word to prepare myself and the church for His return.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While you were at Onething, were you lucky enough to hear much from Misty Edwards?